Hint:The five main factors which affect the climate of a region are Latitude, Altitude, relief, currents and winds and distance from the sea.
What are the 5 major factors that affect climate?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What are the factors of climate?
Factors that Influence Climate
- Elevation or Altitude effect climate. Normally, climatic conditions become colder as altitude increases. …
- Prevailing global wind patterns. …
- Topography. …
- Effects of Geography. …
- Surface of the Earth. …
- Climate change over time.
What are the 5 elements of climate?
Just as climate itself encompasses many elements, including temperature, precipitation and wind conditions, the climate system includes five basic components: the atmosphere, hydrosphere, cryosphere, lithosphere and biosphere.
What are the 5 factors that affect climate quizlet?
what are the five factors that affect climate? latitude,temperature,precipitation,topography,and elevation.
What are the 4 factors that cause climate?
Although many factors combine to influence weather, the four main ones are solar radiation, the amount of which changes with Earth’s tilt, orbital distance from the sun and latitude, temperature, air pressure and the abundance of water.
What are the 6 major factors that affect climate?
There are six major natural climate factors: air masses and winds, latitude, ocean currents, elevation, relief, and bodies of water. Some are global factors that affect all parts of Earth. Some are local factors that influence only small parts of Earth.
What are climate factors examples?
- Geographic latitude.
- Land and water pattern.
- Vegetation cover (land use)
What are the five major parts of the climate system quizlet?
What are the five major parts of the climate system? atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere, biosphere, and cryosphere.
What are the elements and factors of climate?
These elements are solar radiation, temperature, humidity, precipitation (type, frequency, and amount), atmospheric pressure, and wind (speed and direction).
How does the factors of climate affect climate?
Introduction: Climate is determined by the temperature and precipitation characteristics of a region over time. The temperature characteristics of a region are influenced by natural factors such as latitude, elevation and the presence of ocean currents. … These, too, are natural factors that influence precipitation.
What are five factors that affect current flow quizlet?
Terms in this set (23)
- Five Factors that affect current flow. wind, water salinity, heat content, bottom topography, and earth’s rotation.
- moon phases. …
- Causes of Upwelling. …
- Deep water formation. …
- upwelling. …
- it reverses twice a year. …
- Gulf Stream. …
- because there are faster currents on the Western side.
What is an important factor in determining climate?
The two most important factors in the climate of an area are temperature and precipitation. The yearly average temperature of the area is obviously important, but the yearly range in temperature is also important.