What do you mean by wildlife protection Act?
The Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 is an Act of the Parliament of India enacted for protection of plants and animal species. … The specified endemic plants in Schedule VI are prohibited from cultivation and planting.
Why is wildlife protection important?
By conserving the wildlife and forest we are ensuring that all diverse species in an area survive, breed and flourish. Conservation of wildlife and forests is vital for ecological stability. Forests are the habitat for wildlife and they are an important constituent of the various food chains and food webs.
How is wildlife protected?
Habitat destruction is the main threat to 85 percent of all threatened and endangered species, according to the International Union for Conservation of Nature. You can help reduce this threat by planting native trees, restoring wetlands or cleaning up beaches in your area.
How can we protect wildlife Short answer?
Steps to be taken for the Conservation of Wildlife are:
- Some of the laws should be made to ban the killing or capturing of endangered animals or birds. …
- Indiscriminate killing of wild birds and animals, whether are in abundance should not be allowed by the forest authorities.
How can we protect wildlife in India?
How You Can Help Save India’s Endangered Wildlife
- Donate your time. Volunteering can be one of the most important ways of changing the status quo for endangered species. …
- Do your homework. …
- Buy responsibly. …
- Be environmentally conscientious. …
- Speak up. …
- Donate money.
How should we protect our wildlife Class 8?
How can we conserve wildlife?
- Developing protective areas such as national parks, wildlife sanctuaries to protect the animals in their natural habitat.
- The endangered and vulnerable species can be kept in captivity in places such as zoos and bred to increase their population.
How can we protect wildlife sanctuary?
- Always carry adequate water in a non-plastic container and use bio-degradable materials while visiting Protected Areas (PA).
- Keep seated in your vehicle during the visit to the wildlife parks and remain calm and composed even when you sight wildlife. …
- Avoid music while in the Safari car.