What are 5 effects of climate change?
What are the effects of climate change and global warming?
- rising maximum temperatures.
- rising minimum temperatures.
- rising sea levels.
- higher ocean temperatures.
- an increase in heavy precipitation (heavy rain and hail)
- shrinking glaciers.
- thawing permafrost.
What are the 10 effects of climate change?
10 Climate Change Impacts That Will Affect Us All
- Damage to your home. …
- More expensive home insurance. …
- Outdoor work could become unbearable. …
- Higher electric bills and more blackouts. …
- Rising taxes. …
- More allergies and other health risks. …
- Food will be more expensive and variety may suffer. …
- Water quality could suffer.
How does climate change affect human and environment?
The impacts of climate change include warming temperatures, changes in precipitation, increases in the frequency or intensity of some extreme weather events, and rising sea levels. These impacts threaten our health by affecting the food we eat, the water we drink, the air we breathe, and the weather we experience.
Why is climate change important?
It’s important that we understand how the climate is changing, so that we can prepare for the future. Studying the climate helps us predict how much rain the next winter might bring, or how far sea levels will rise due to warmer sea temperatures.
What is the biggest threat to the environment?
Climate change is the greatest existing threat to American wildlife, wild places, and communities around the country.